Whereas, Assembly Speaker Robin Vos has refused to cooperate with Representative Janel Brandtjen, Chair of the Campaigns & Elections Committee and the Vice-Chair of the Committee on Government Accountability & Oversight, in her efforts to investigate election fraud, including his refusal to sign subpoenas issued by her or allow her the rightful oversight role of the investigation led by former Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman and
Whereas, each State Representative is provided with staff to serve the people of their respective legislative district and
Whereas, Representative Ramthun was elected to serve the people of the 59th District and
Whereas, Speaker Vos removed the only full-time staff member of Representative Ramthun after Representative Ramthun unveiled the truth of Speaker Vos’s support of drop boxes for the 2020 election and
Whereas, this removal makes it impossible for Representative Ramthun to effectively serve and assist those who elected him and
Whereas, this removal is an immoral, vindictive step, one that punishes open discourse on controversial issues and has no place in the actions of a leader and
Whereas, this removal sends a clear message to all other State Representatives that Speaker Vos will punish them for speaking the truth if it damages his reputation and
Whereas, the support of drop boxes is antithetical to election integrity, encourages voter fraud, and results in a distrust of election outcomes by the large majority of Wisconsin voters and
Whereas, Attorney Misha Tseytlin wrote on behalf of Speaker Vos regarding drop boxes; “We wholeheartedly support voters’ use of any of these convenient, secure, and expressly authorized absentee-ballot-return methods” and
Whereas, Speaker Vos and Senator Fitzgerald signed off on drop boxes without a full vote of the legislature and
Whereas, Republican State Senator Kathy Bernier is writing legislation to legalize drop boxes, and, when questioned, Speaker Vos has refused to answer questions if he supports drop boxes or not.
Resolved, we, the Republican Party of Sheboygan County, in caucus gathered on February 5, 2022,
- Condemn Representative Vos’s actions:
- Removing Representative Ramthun’s staff
- Undermining Representative Brandtjen as Chair of the Campaigns & Elections Committee and the Vice-Chair of the Committee on Government Accountability & Oversight
- The slow-walking any meaningful investigation of the 2020 election.
- Demand a vote of no confidence be taken by the Assembly and a new Speaker be elected immediately and/or demand Speaker Vos resign from his role as Assembly Speaker.
- We fully support Representative Ramthun’s 2021 Assembly Joint Resolution 120